Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A 168 PURSUIT!




As Christians, we cannot deny that we still face many difficulties and challenges in life. Yet most of us would agree that we want our lives to be radically transformed by the saving and renewing power of Jesus Christ. At the same time, many of us spend just one hour a week in prayer and worship usually occurring on Sunday morning.

Now think about that for a moment. Each of us has 168 hours in a week. If we spend just one hour on worship, prayer and Bible study each week how can we reasonably expect that one hour with God will radically change 167 hours without God? The question is not WHAT do we DO on Sunday morning, but WHO do we PURSUE Monday through Saturday?

"When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."
-1 Corinthians 2:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment